Key aspects -
- Bankruptcy petitions will be listed for remote hearing via Skype for Business and BT MeetMe.
- Petitions by HM Revenues & Customs will be heard in 15-minute time slots, in each of which two petitions will be heard. For other petitions, there will be a 30-minute time slot during which only one petition will be heard.
- Claims for extension of time to register company charges will continue to be listed for the purpose of the Judge considering the claim on paper. There will be no attendance. The Court will order a hearing only where, on considering the claim on paper, it considers it necessary to do so. The requirement to produce the original charge is waived in this period and evidence of solvency will be accepted by email.
- Claims for restoration of companies to the register is the same as above.
- Insolvency applications will be considered in the first instance on paper and standard directions given where possible.
- HMRC will supply to other parties the link for Skype hearings of HMRC petitions.
07 September 2020Back to list
- R3 Standard Form COVID 19 CVA Proposal
- Bounce Back Loans: FAQs for the Insolvency Profession
- Creditor Guides
- Dealing with corporate financial distress
- Dealing with money worries – a guide to your options
- Insolvency Service
- Standard Conditions - IVA
- Standard IVA Protocol
- Further guidance notes
R3 members can provide advice on a range of business and personal finance issues. To find an R3 member who can help you, click below.