Insurance Companies and Issues: Insolvency
LIVE WEBINAR. This webinar is designed to appeal to the larger or offshore practitioner, who may work on insurance company insolvency & everyone who’ll deal with an insurance claim in a non-insurance company insolvency.
This webinar is designed to appeal to the larger or offshore practitioner, who may work on insurance company insolvency & everyone who’ll deal with an insurance claim in a non-insurance company insolvency.
Topics covered include:
- What is an insurance company (composites, mutuals, captives, reinsurers, assurance, guarantee, brokers & protected cells) & a policy, in an insolvent & regulatory context?
- Priorities: why are insurance insolvencies so different, or are they?
- Administrations v Liquidations v Schemes of Arrangement of insurance companies, the pros & cons of ‘winding up provisions for insurance companies' v the Companies Acts.
- EEA, EU, UK overseas territories & Crown dependencies, international aspects, where's the regulator?
- Overview of statutes & caselaw.
- Insurance fraud; ambulance chasers; moratoriums.
- Compensation schemes, subrogation, trust accounts, agents & audit of the IP systems.
- ‘Cut-thru' provisions.
- Insurance policies & the non-insurance company insolvency, credit insurance, ATE & C19.
Grant Jones, Simmons Gainsford Gibraltar LLP
|Membership Category||Price Excluding VAT|
R3 members can provide advice on a range of business and personal finance issues. To find an R3 member who can help you, click below.