Insurance Issues in Insolvencies: What You Need to Know
LIVE WEBINAR. Designed to help anyone who’ll deal with an insurance claim in a non-insurance company insolvency, this webinar covers the full breadth of this key part of the financial services industry and how it can affect insolvency cases and processes.
Designed to help anyone who’ll deal with an insurance claim in a non-insurance company insolvency, this webinar covers the full breadth of this key part of the financial services industry and how it can affect insolvency cases and processes.
Delegates will learn:
· What is an insurance company – in an insolvent and regulatory context
· What is an insurance policy – in an insolvent and regulatory context
· The various components of insurance – composites, mutuals, captives reinsurers, assurance, guarantee, brokers and protected cells – and how they apply in and affect insolvencies
· How to manage insurance insolvencies
· Administrations v Liquidations v Schemes of Arrangement of insurance companies
· The pros & cons of ‘winding up provisions for insurance companies’ v the Companies Act.
· How insurance insolvencies work across EEA, EU, UK overseas territories and Crown dependencies
· The role of the regulator in international aspects of insurance insolvencies
· An overview of statutes and caselaw relating to insurance in insolvencies
· Insurance fraud; ambulance chasers; moratoriums
· Compensation schemes, subrogation, trust accounts, agents & audit of the IP systems
· ‘Cut-thru’ provisions
· Insurance policies & the non-insurance company insolvency, credit insurance, ATE & C19
Grant Jones, Simmons Gainsford Gibraltar LLP
|Membership Category||Price Excluding VAT|
R3 members can provide advice on a range of business and personal finance issues. To find an R3 member who can help you, click below.