Scottish Insolvency Rules
An overview of the new Scottish corporate insolvency rules and the changes effective from 6 April 2019.
Recorded September 2019
In this webinar, Eileen Maclean, director of Insolvency Support Services, examines the changes introduced to Scottish corporate insolvency with effect from 6 April 2019. Changes to the Insolvency Act 1986, that were made in 2017 in respect of England and Wales, have now been fully enacted for Scotland, and two sets of Rules introduced in support. Find out why there are two sets, and how they are structured, in this webinar.
Eileen will also look at procedural changes to Scottish corporate appointments including:
- the nomination process in court liquidation
- section 204 dissolution
- changes to the accounting period process
- progress and final reports
- application of the new Rules to MVLs
- statutory interest rate and calculation date
- change of date for the calculation of claims; and the various possible "start" dates for reports and accounting periods.
Key Learning Outcomes:
This webinar will be introducing the new concepts in Scottish corporate insolvency processes:
- Overview of the new legislation and its structure
- Outlining the practical ramifications of the new statute
- Identifying what is staying the same
- How will the changes affect you in your role and your business in practice
This webinar would suit anyone looking for information and an overview on the new Scottish Insolvency Rules. However it would particularly suit E&W IPs and their staff who deal with Scottish cases.
Eileen Maclean MA (Hons) MIPA MABRP MBA - click here to view bio
Duration: 1 hour
|Membership Category||Price Excluding VAT|
R3 members can provide advice on a range of business and personal finance issues. To find an R3 member who can help you, click below.