Position: Head of Training Academy
Responsible to: CEO
Salary: up to £70,000 pa
Position: 1 Year Full Time contract
Location: London Office
Closing Date By 5 pm on Friday 27th July 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen to set up and develop a dedicated Training Academy for R3, the trade association for the UK’s insolvency, restructuring, advisory and turnaround professionals. The Training Academy will deliver online training and CPD courses for insolvency and restructuring professionals of all ages and experience that will enhance R3’s brand and reputation and establish R3 as the go to provider of online training for the profession.
The Training Academy will operate alongside R3’s established programme of courses and conferences currently delivered through our Education committees.
Whilst this role is initially for a period of 12 months, it is anticipated that the Training Academy will become established generating sufficient funds to extend the role beyond this period.
As R3’s Training Academy Head you will:
- Establish the foundation for the training academy to deliver CPD training in the long term.
- Develop effective relationships with training managers in key member firms and other relevant stakeholders to ensure that the market demand for training courses is understood and met by R3
- Be responsible for developing and implementing a training programme with courses aimed at all levels of experience and specialism
- Help shape and drive a connected marketing strategy to drive take up by members of the online training and other content
- Be responsible for website content relevant to the Training Academy
- Explore the design and delivery of bespoke educational packages or modules for member practices, government agencies and other external organisations
- Generate a significant contribution from the delivery of Training Academy courses
- Be responsible for the management and development of the Training Support Executive
This is a stand alone role however it will involve working closely with the Technical and Education Director, stakeholders and partners. We are looking for someone who has experience of working within the profession, with a technical understanding of the key issues, who can design and develop relevant CPD courses. Experience of CPD/education programme design would be an advantage.
The ability to work with a wide range of external and internal stakeholders, building and maintaining positive professional relationships with others is required. A strong customer focus is essential.
A confident attitude, willingness to learn and enthusiasm to take on new skills as needed is essential. You will need to demonstrate professional curiosity and an enthusiasm for generating and owning new tasks and areas of work.
Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential, with an eye for detail and the ability to obtain, analyse and present information in a user-friendly manner, adapting content for different audiences.
The ability to set budgets, agree targets and meet them is essential.
If you are self-motivated, efficient and well-organised, with the ability to work to tight deadlines and on simultaneous projects, then this is the ideal opportunity for you.
About R3 and the Profession
R3 is the trade association for the UK’s insolvency, restructuring, advisory and turnaround professionals. With over 2,500 members we represent insolvency practitioners, lawyers, turnaround and restructuring experts, students and others in the insolvency and restructuring profession. We are extremely proud of the work we do to support our members and all that we have achieved together.
As the Head of the R3 Training Academy you will play an important role in ensuring R3 supports our purpose by delivering career long learning and raising standards across the profession. Our strategic plan sets out our aims to provide relevant learning and career long support across our membership.
You can see a full job description here, along with a personal specification here.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter demonstrating how you meet the job description and person specification to email@example.com. by Monday 5 pm 27th July 2020
We may not be able to reply to all applications.
Interviews will take place the week commencing 3 August 2020
17 June 2020Back to list
R3 members can provide advice on a range of business and personal finance issues. To find an R3 member who can help you, click below.